Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Commissioner Mitchell Chester recently posted a video discussing the upcoming PARCC Field Test.
From the DESE website:
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a multi-state consortium working together to develop a common set of K-12 assessments in English and math anchored in what it takes to be ready for college and careers. These new K-12 assessments will build a pathway to college and career readiness by the end of high school, mark students’ progress toward this goal beginning in grade 3, and provide teachers with timely information to inform instruction and provide student support. The PARCC assessments will be ready for states to administer during the 2014-15 school year.
PARCC states have committed to building a K-12 assessment system that:
- Builds a pathway to college and career readiness for all students,
- Creates high-quality assessments that measure the full range of the Common Core State Standards,
- Supports educators in the classroom,
- Makes better use of technology in assessments, and
- Advances accountability at all levels.
Massachusetts has assumed a significant leadership role in the design and development of the PARCC Assessments.