The following are some initial questions for students that our Massachusetts PARCC Trial will attempt to answer.
Devices and Navigation of the Assessment
– Do you think you could have taken this test without a keyboard (for iPad and tablet assessment)?
– Do you usually use an external keyboard?
– Did you have any difficulty answering questions because you were using a keyboard?
– Did you have any difficulty navigating the assessment?
– Did you have any difficulties reading and scrolling in the assessment?
– What specific features/functionalities of the PARCC assessment may be easier to complete using a keyboard and/or mouse (e.g. highlighting portions of paragraphs, equation editors, etc.)?
– What would you change about the device or testing environment to make taking the assessment better for you?
– Do you feel that the amount of time was: just right, not enough, or too much?
– Did you have sufficient time to complete the test?
– Were you able to finish the test?
– Did you go back to review your answers before finalizing the assessment?
– Did you flag any questions? Why did you flag these questions?
Subject Matter Knowledge
– Was there subject matter on the assessment that was not covered in your classes?
– What advice would you give your classmates about how to prepare for PARCC assessments?
– What should your teacher do next year to help you better prepare for PARCC assessments?
– Did you have any trouble answering the questions?
– Did you have a way to access help if you had a problem during the assessment?
– How does this test compare to the MCAS?
– How was this assessment different from tests that you have taken on a computer in the past?