The following are some initial questions for technology teams that our Massachusetts PARCC Trial will attempt to answer.
Infrastructure and Devices
– Did you purposely throttle bandwidth during testing periods so that non-test takers didn’t use too much traffic?
– What percentage of your total bandwidth was devoted to test takers during test periods?
– What are the infrastructure and hardware required for various assessment environments?
– What devices were used for assessments?
– What peripheral devices were required for assessments?
– What recommendations do you have for devices, peripherals, and management solutions?
Budgets and Costs Associated with Assessments
– What are the costs associated with various assessment environments?
– What are costs associated security applications and configuration systems?
– How did you configure security restrictions for Single App Mode, Browser Settings, MultiTasking and App Access?
– What is the minimum amount of time districts should reserve for scheduling the exam periods?
Bring Your Own Device Environments
– How will we configure BYOD devices to meet the security requirements of PARCC?
– Does the technology department need to take physical control of any BYOD device?
Technology Team Support
– Is it recommended to have an IT or technology team member at each assessment site?
– What professional development is needed for technology team members?